I'm focused on redlines, after a couple of years doing the T-hunt chase and HWC carded releases. Every once in a while I pop into a retail store to check on any brand '59 Cadillac or find something cool for my nephews. Was in Toys R Us, hit the Hot Wheels aisle, nothing interesting. Go over to the Greenlight/M2/Johnny Lightning/Matchbox aisle, there is a yet another middle aged guy blocking the pegs. I mean, he took an obviously wide stance. As he turned around to look at me, I just smiled and said "hey how 'ya doing? Find anything good?". He looked at me like I just insulted him, totally pissed, not saying a word, not moving over. He just went back to rifling through the pegs, even more determined that I not get in there to take a look. Sad. I just left, thinking that if "collectors" are that unhappy or protective of finding whatever it is they're looking for, where's the fun in that? What's with these d-bags?

Views: 50

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've had similar experiences at Wal Mart!

I totally agree with what you wrote about the people in stores.  I always check out the diecast areas and seldom find anything that interests me.  I did find a 2012 Super TH this week at a Dollar General and for $1.25 plus tax I had to buy it.  I find the most fun is buying cars at the flea markets.  I often run into older guys like me selling some of their stuff and typically have a good talk with them about collecting.  Today, I got some cool cars from the two older guys I met at a flea market sale.  I felt bad because I was getting the cars for less than half what the guys had paid for them years ago.  Cars don't seem to bring much during these days of $4.00 dollars a gallon for gas.   

Nice find at the Dollar General. I agree it's much cheaper to buy online and get what you're looking for when considering the time and gas for retail peg hunting.

Bill Perego said:

I totally agree with what you wrote about the people in stores.  I always check out the diecast areas and seldom find anything that interests me.  I did find a 2012 Super TH this week at a Dollar General and for $1.25 plus tax I had to buy it.  I find the most fun is buying cars at the flea markets.  I often run into older guys like me selling some of their stuff and typically have a good talk with them about collecting.  Today, I got some cool cars from the two older guys I met at a flea market sale.  I felt bad because I was getting the cars for less than half what the guys had paid for them years ago.  Cars don't seem to bring much during these days of $4.00 dollars a gallon for gas.   

Reply to Discussion

RSS

It's Live!

Donations......

Here is a link for anyone that would like to help Donate funds to help keep this site running smoothly!! Thanks for All your Help and Support to make this site what it is today and in the future!!!

Die Cast Nutz Store

Die Cast Nutz Store

100% of the Proceeds go directly back into the site and it's operations!!

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

© 2018   Created by Jon Wasielewski.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service